Check any water pipes that are near outside walls (as well as pipes in unheated crawl spaces or garages) that may be exposed to colder temperatures. On the pipes inside your home, put some fiberglass insulation between the pipes and the walls to help keep them warm and prevent freezing.
Pipes running through unheated spaces should be covered with insulation. Preformed pipe sleeve insulation shaped to go right around a copper water pipe is an inexpensive option. Butt the pieces together and tape them in place.
A slightly more expensive solution is to wrap the pipes with electrical heating tape. These tapes are specifically designed to wrap around water pipes and act like a little electric blanket preventing the pipes from freezing. Be sure any heating tapes you buy have been approved by Underwriters Laboratories and have the UL symbol on them.
The best solution to preventing your pipes from freezing is to simply install innovative eco friendly and patented technology known as a “temperature controlled hot water recirculating valve” (is a breeze-no pipe cutting, soldering or electrical connections). It uses your existing water pipes and the thermal convection generated by your water heater to circulate the water back to your water heater for reheating (not requiring a pump or any electricity). To save hot water and save energy, these hot water recirculating systems are temperature-controlled and are easily adjustable to meet your particular temperature needs. There is no water waste and it also reduces the energy required to heat your water while it provides faster hot water to your faucets and showers for better water conservation.
Reasons to install a Hot Water Lobster Instant Hot Water Valve:
- Saves thousands of gallons of water by not running it down the drain!
- Get your hot water faster from your current water heater!
- Save time, energy and money while living a more “green” lifestyle.
- Eco friendly.
- Prevents pipe freezing.
- Only $179.99! (Plus Shipping & Handling)
- 30-day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
- 10-Year WARRANTY
- Brass Valve with Stainless Steel Stem.
- Easy installation! (no pipe cutting, soldering or electrical connections required).
- Shipped completely assembled with flexible water lines.
- Works with or without a dedicated hot water return line.
- Keeps water moving at lower temperatures to help prevent pipe freeze.
- When you turn on your faucet you’ve got instant hot water!